Recipe for bread pudding:
3 cups whole milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 cup shredded coconut
12 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cup sugar
8 cups Challah bread , cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, cut bread in medium pieces and set aside.
2. In bowl mix eggs, milk , salt, sugar and nutmeg. Set aside.
3 Grease a 12x8 2 inch deep pan.
4. mix all ingredients together and pour into pan. place in oven and bake for about an hour.
Recipe for Bananas foster sauce:
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup spiced rum
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 bananas peeled and sliced
1. Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and half of heavy cream in a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
2. After 10 minutes, add remaining heavy cream keeping mixture at a steady boil.
3. Add spiced rum and flambe. BE CAREFUL not to burn yourself!
1. Cut a 4x4 piece of pudding and place in center of dessert bowl.
2.Take one scoop of ice cream and put on the top of the pudding.
3. Ladle in 3 ounces (or so) sauce with bananas and ENJOY!!
This is an easy recipe to do. As with any other type of dessert, you could easily add another fruit in and it would come out just as good!
One thing to remember with this recipe is to get a long lighter to keep your hands out of the pot. I obviously used a short lighter, but I also got lucky by NOT BURNING my hand off! Probably cause I've done this a bajillion times.
I also recommend a spiced rum when making this due to the flavor it gives off. A dark rum is ok, but there are plenty of spiced rums that add a layer of flavor to the front of the tongue.